Saturday, January 19, 2008

Well, as of yesterday, Matthew is done with high school. It seems so weird to me that I have 2 kids out of high school! He also is getting his Eagle Scout which is very hard to do. I think he said that only 4% of all scouts get that far. That's quite an accomplishment. Still trying to get caught up financially. We have so many medical bills right now that it's killing us! We should be caught up by March or April . . . that just feels so far away. I do feel like God is trying to tell me something. When I was taking a bath today I was listening to KTSY. A Casting Crowns song came on called 'Praise You in the Storm'. That's something I need to learn . . . . to praise Him in the storm. I feel so often that He just isn't around when things are difficult. I know He is . . . but I sure like it more when I can feel Him there! Anyway, we celebrated Matt's last day of school with Blimpies at my mom's house. It was fun. Trent only has . . . . about 8 years of school left. But that's okay. Atleast I have him home with me!! I am pet sitting for someone the next 2 weeks. Jenny, a golden retriever, is staying here with us. She is older and has trouble walking. That brings our pet count up to . . .. a lot. haha Two dogs, 3 cats, a goldfish, and a rabbit. That's a lot for a 1300 sq ft house! haha Jenny is very sweet and is getting along with all of our other animals. It's been fun so far. That's it for now I guess. More later.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I know, that is so weird that Matthew is out of high school! He is just my baby brother! haha.

Dionna said...

Shannon -
That is so great that Angela set you up with a blog! I'll definitely be checking in with ya. Now maybe I'll know what's going on with you! :) You can visit my personal blog - it's at http://simplydionna.blogspot.com